Our Environmental Counsel Assistance Program aims to provide in-house services for companies that can benefit from an environmental attorney but do not have the volume of work necessary to require a full-time environmental attorney. Your business is unique. You should have an environmental attorney that understands the environmental issues specific to your business and can tailor advice according. What are the benefits?
- We can help you avoid many of the most common and costly violations because of Mr. Thorn’s extensive experience enforcing environmental regulations while at US EPA.
- Our attorneys can communicate effectively and efficiently with your technical staff because all our attorneys have science or engineering degrees.
- We can help you understand how environmental laws impact your products and how to leverage regulations to provide a business advantage.
- We can serve as an immediate resource to Environmental Health and Safety personnel, in-house counsel and other decision makers.
- We can alert you to changes in environmental laws and regulations that impact your business.
- We can inform you of new government environmental programs that may provide tax or other financial benefits.
- We can provide advice on green building and sustainability projects as our attorneys are USGBC LEED APs.
- Program members choose the number of hours per month they need and receive a discount off of our already competitive rates.
- If, in a given month, your needs slightly overrun the contracted number of hours you will not be charged an additional fee.
- As a valued client, work that greatly exceeds the monthly quota will be charged at below our standard rate.
- Free CLE courses for in-house counsel.
In addition, this program includes an optional low-cost site visit for manufacturers or discussion of future operations for new businesses or divisions. While at US EPA, Mr. Thorn realized that all-too-frequently outside environmental attorneys lacked a solid understanding of their clients’ facilities and operations. As a result, these attorneys were unable to provide informed advice and counsel to their clients, which cost their clients money, not only in unnecessary legal fees, but also in penalties that could have been reduced or avoided entirely. The site visit, coupled with the engineering and scientific background of our attorneys, helps insure we provide highly efficient and effective service.
In order to maintain high quality service, we limit the number of clients who can participate in this program.