Environmental Legal Services
We have experience in all of the major environmental statutes: the Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA), the Emergency Planning and Community-Right-to-Know-Act (EPCRA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA aka Superfund), the Oil Pollution Act (OPA), and the Illinois Environmental Protection Act (IEPA), to name just a few.
We have assisted clients with numerous issues arising from these statutes. Representative matters include:
- Responding to government inspections, information requests, notice of violation letters, finding of violations letters, and formal complaints and lawsuits.
- Representing clients in environmental litigation.
- Representing clients in Superfund litigation and long-term Site management.
- Obtaining CAA Title V, RCRA TSD, and other environmental permits on behalf of clients.
- Drafting environmental plans, such as RCRA contingency plans and CWA/OPA Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans.
- Helping clients redevelop brownfields and obtain No Further Remediation (NFR) letters.
- Helping clients obtain funds from the Illinois Underground Storage Tank Fund.
- Helping clients obtain funds from the Illinois Drycleaner Environmental Response Trust Fund.
- Conducting environmental audits and self-disclosures for clients.
- Drafting ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and Compliance Management Systems.
- Providing general environmental counseling services for companies and effectively serving as an in-house environmental counsel.
- Counseling clients in the burgeoning green fields, such as green building, alternative energy and climate change.